Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Insurance for Drivers Throughout Virginia, Tennessee and Beyond
Whether you’re commuting to work, visiting friends or taking a road trip, it’s always good to be vigilant. Although you drive defensively, accidents can happen, some of which are unavoidable. In these cases, it’s crucial to have a reliable auto insurance policy so you don’t end up spending thousands of dollars out of pocket for repairs.
The Yates Agency has access to a variety of quality carriers and works hard to pair clients with the right insurance policy. An insurance policy that’s right for you should cover you, your passengers and your vehicle all without breaking the bank.
What Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Depending on where you live, the state required auto insurance could vary.
To drive legally in Tennessee and Virginia, you must carry at least:
- $25,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $15,000 (TN) in property damage liability/$20,000 (VA) in property damage liability
- $25,000 in uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $50,000 in uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $15,000 (TN)/$20,000 (VA) in uninsured motorist property damage ($200 deductible)
This isn’t all the insurance you need, however. While additional coverage isn’t required by the state, it’s crucial to protect your vehicle against all possible threats. Liability insurance doesn’t cover damage to yourself, your passengers or your vehicle. To get full coverage, you should invest in these coverages offered by the Yates Agency along with the required liability:
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive coverage compensates for damages to the insured vehicle as a result of fire, lightning, hail, wind, theft, vandalism and more.
- Collision: Collision coverage compensates for damages to the insured vehicle as a result of a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Personal Injury Protection: Also known as PIP, personal injury protection helps with the medical expenses of the driver and their passengers after an accident.
- Towing: Towing coverage can help with the costs associated with towing your vehicle after breaking down.
How Do Auto Insurance Claims Work?
When you have to file an auto insurance claim, an underwriter from the agency will investigate the accident to calculate how much compensation you will receive. They will then take the information back to the agency, who will give you a quote for the damages.
Cover Your Vehicle Today
Car insurance as a reputation for being unnecessarily expensive. The Yates Agency is dedicated not only to finding you a policy to cover your vehicle, but a policy that suits your budget. Contact us or fill out an online quote form today.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Auto Insurance Coverage is Recommended?
Besides the required amount of liability insurance, the amount of car insurance you need varies from person to person. On average, insurance experts recommend $100,000/$300,000 in coverage. This may be too little or not enough depending on your vehicle and how much risk you face. Speak to an agent today about deciding how much coverage your vehicle needs.
How Far Back Do Auto Insurance Companies Look?
Insurance companies typically look two to three years into your driving record.
How Often Do Car Insurance Prices Change?
Car insurance premiums can change at any time depending on what is going on in your life. Changing zip codes or adding a driver to your policy can change your rates. It’s recommended that you check your auto insurance policy every six months or so.
How are Auto Insurance Rates Determined?
Many factors go into the cost of auto insurance, including the driver’s age, gender, location, credit score, driving record and the value of the insured vehicle.