Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Insurance for Virginia and Tennessee Homeowners
A home is the safest place for any family. It’s where you go at the end of a long day to relax and spend time with your loved ones. Protecting that safe place is incredibly important. Not only is a home a safe place, but it’s also an investment. Having a great home insurance policy can be the different between struggling after a disaster and recovering quickly with a way to replace your assets.
At The Yates Agency, we care about people first. We want to make sure that your home insurance policy is tailored for your family’s unique insurance needs. We’ll work closely with you to search through various top carriers in order to find the right coverage.
How is Home Insurance Calculated?
The cost of your home insurance premiums varies depending on multiple factors, including:
- Credit score
- Claims history
- Replacement value of the home
- Value of insured items
When calculating how much home insurance coverage you need, you must calculate your hoe’s total replacement value. The replacement value of your home is not the same as the price you paid for it or the cost of mortgage. Instead, the replacement value is how much is would cost to completely rebuild your home in case of a disaster. This number can be calculated by the square footage and value of the home’s structure and amenities.
What Does Home Insurance Cover?
A basic home insurance policy from The Yates Agency covers:
- Dwelling: Dwelling insurance compensates for damage to the physical structure of the home and its attached structures due to fire, wind, hail, smoke, lightning, vandalism and more.
- Personal Liability: Personal liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage another person may suffer on the insured property. This insurance can even extend to damage or injury caused by pets.
- Personal Possessions: Personal possessions coverage covers your belongings in case of fire, theft, vandalism, smoke and more. There is limited coverage for certain items such as furs, art and jewelry, but you can purchase floaters to extend this coverage.
- Additional Living Expenses: Additional living expenses (ALE) provides compensation if you must temporarily move while the home is being repaired or rebuilt.
Protect Your Home
Protect your family and your investment by insuring with The Yates Agency. We’ll find a policy perfect for your family and your wallet. Contact an agent today or fill out an online form for a free quote.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much is Home Insurance on Average?
In the U.S., the average cost of home insurance is about $1,192 a year. In Tennessee, homeowners pay an average of $1,185 per year. The yearly average cost of home insurance in Virginia is a lot lower at about $966.
How Many Home Insurance Claims Can You Make?
The number of claims matters slightly less than the timing of the claims. Filing two or more claims within three years is typically seen as a red flag.
How Do You Make a Home Insurance Claim?
Contact your Yates Agency agent to get started.
Why Should You File a Home Insurance Claim?
You should file a home insurance claim when the damages cost substantially more to fix out of pocket than the cost of your deductible. Your deductible is the amount you will pay when you file a claim. If it would cost less than your deductible to fix the damages out of pocket, you may not want to file a claim.